We need clean water for drinking in order to preserve our long-term health. Unfortunately, much of today’s hardware and equipment is tainted with chemicals and toxins harmful to the human body.
That’s why I highly recommend to use lead-free drinking water hoses that are safe and healthy for you and your family.
In This Buyer’s Guide, I’ll Cover the following 5 Best RV Water Hoses
Should You Invest In a Good Drinking Water Hose?
Recent studies have shown that the garden hoses we’ve been using for decades are made with highly toxic chemicals and lead content. These toxins are said to be the same culprits for birth defects, early puberty, hormone disruptions, and various diseases.
The following video is a news coverage that further explains the dangers of freely using water from hoses with lead and chemical content.
Drinking water hoses have been specifically designed to be compatible with low lead content certification laws to give your family safe and healthy drinking water.
Another added benefit to these lead-free drinking water hoses is that the water that flows through them doesn’t come out tasting like chemicals and rubber hoses.
Making sure that you and your family have clean water to drink is crucially important for your long-term health. Toxins build up little by little and the effects aren’t usually seen until health issues have taken root.
If you intend to keep your family’s water supply safe to drink, it may be worth your consideration to invest in a lead-free drinking water hose.
Can You Prolong the Life Of Your Drinking Water Hose?
If the manufacturer has done their job of producing a quality product, there are ways for you to extend the life of your hose.
Here are a few tips I recommend:
1) Store your hose out of direct sunlight or keep to minimal sunlight during the course of the day. Constant, direct UV exposure can weaken the materials of the hose.
2) When not in use, store without any definite creasing to avoid kinking or cracking. Use a reel to conveniently and smoothly stow away until your next use.
3) Even though the product is described to be able to stand high amounts of water pressure, keep the PSI at a reasonable level. If rig water systems rupture from high PSI settings, why would we put our water hoses through that?
Here are a few more tips on how to make your water hose last longer.
What Length Should You Buy?
When you’re travelling in an RV, every foot of equipment matters.
Consider for what you need the hose. You may need a long distance or you may need just a short length to meet your need. Perhaps, purchasing multiple lengths may be a better option to buying one long one.
With longer hoses, you may feel that the excess distance gets in your way. With the shorter ones, you may need to take into consideration the amount of length it needs for when it swags from the faucet.
Let’s have a look at some different options of drinking water hoses.
Have You Decided On Your Choice of Drinking Water Hose?
The Valterra W01-5120 AquaFresh--½ in x 4 ft is an excellent choice if you are looking to cover a short distance from the faucet. It’s a durable water hose that can stand a fair amount of pressure and yet hardly leaks.
If you’re looking for a slightly longer length, you may want to consider the Valterra W01-5120 AquaFresh--½ in x 10 ft. At a great price, you can equip your RV with a sturdy, lightweight drinking water hose that kinks less than some other models.
The Camco 50 ft Premium Drinking Water Hose is a fantastic choice if you’re needing a long drinking water hose. It kinks less than some models do. It delivers a high flow rate but doesn’t leak at the ends. The strain relief ends give this water hose an added touch of performance.
Stay hydrated and healthy!
- In This Buyer’s Guide, I’ll Cover the following 5 Best RV Water Hoses
- Should You Invest In a Good Drinking Water Hose?
- Can You Prolong the Life Of Your Drinking Water Hose?
- What Length Should You Buy?
- 1. Camco 25ft TastePURE Drinking Water Hose
- 2. Camco 50ft Premium Drinking Water Hose
- 3. Valterra W01-5048 AquaFresh High Pressure Drinking Water Hose
- 4. Valterra W01-5120 High Pressure Drinking Water Hose - 1/2" x 10'
- 5. Swan Products ELMRV12050 Element RV Camping Water Hose
- Have You Decided On Your Choice of Drinking Water Hose?
- Stay hydrated and healthy!